Have a couple of hours a week, a fortnight or a month that you can give to help provide a service then why not volunteer with us.
We are currently looking for:
- Several people to become peer mentors at our meetups around the South of Hampshire. We like to have at least 2 peer mentors per meetup. This way we will always have one peer mentor available, many of our members prefer to have someone present to provide them with that support. By having more than 2 peer mentors at each meetup provides flexibility, so can miss a meetup because you are unwell, have a family commitment or a holiday. If you are feeling generous and have the time you may wish to volunteer for more than one area. This is how many we would like and where:
|Current Meetups||Prospective Meetups|
|Gosport||2||Isle of Wight||4|
- Become a peer support volunteer at Queen Alexandra Hospital with Kroma and become part of QA Volunteer Team as well. We provide support for Staff, patients and visitors who are at QA in Portsmouth. We have 2 sessions from 10am - 2pm and 2pm - 6pm. We are based behind the main reception in the Wellbeing Service and support many members of the public by providing information leaflets and answering questions. We also have a room where we can talk to individuals who need that confidential support.
- Are you a whizz with WordPress? No what one app does compared to the other? Have a creative flair for design? Then why not keep our website up-to-date and develop it to be the place for information and support online. If this is you then please get in touch and become our Website Editor.
- We are looking for someone who can design a good newsletter using MailChimp or any other free cloud based editor. As a newsletter editor you will need to provide up to date information, topical stories, interviews and promote events. Working alongside the social media editor you will need to keep abreast of the goings on in order to promote and develop the number of subscribers to our newsletter.
One evening every month all volunteers meet to reflect, discuss ways forward and receive any relevant training. This is done in the quiet of a busy pub!
Induction and training is provided, as well as reimbursing legitimate volunteer expenses.
If you are interested in volunteering with us:
- please download and read the role description for the volunteering role you are interested in
- pop along to one of our Meetups and find out what we do
- arrange to meet with either our Volunteer Co-ordinator or Chair and have an informal chat to find out how we can support each other.
- Download the Volunteer Application Form, complete it and email it back to us